Project Services Market Update
We have finally settled into a very different way of remote working at Precision Sourcing. COV19 has certainly had a significant impact and we are working in unprecedented conditions. Our Project Services team has combined 30 years of experience. We speak to over 300 customers and candidates each week. The question on everyone’s mind is “what’s the market like?”– so we have complied a summary of what we are seeing:
- The Project Services market has remained stable with inflight projects continuing to go ahead. 98% of our contractors remain engaged. This is primarily due to the large scale of projects we typically source staff as well as broad range of industries.
- Some organisations have moved project staff onto business-critical projects. There is a preference to reassign existing staff to projects, where possible. The challenge with onboarding and knowing ‘who is who in the zoo’ when starting in a new role remains a stumbling block for some organisations. That said, companies continue to work out ways in which to remote onboard- check out this link for remote onboarding tips: INSERT LINK OBONARDING TIPS
- Many organisations are adapting their approach towards timelines, go-lives and releases– these are often slower/fluid– given remote working.
- Project leaders are communicating to us that productivity has increased as teams come together and adapt to the circumstances. A concern is how long can they keep it up, once this novelty wears off? A key cause of anguish is the sudden removal of choice over where to work and who to see? Physical and mental health are a key focus for leaders- as we move deeper into remote working and isolation.
- There is an air of caution in relation to new permanent recruitment hires– industries that have been negatively affected are creating partnerships with the flourishing industries to provide a funnel of talent on contractual basis until we pass through this challenging period and then they can change back over to their original role. Overall contract recruitment in industries such as FMCG, resources and mining, utilities, consulting, healthcare and government sectors remain solid.
I hope you found this quick update useful. The Project Services team at Precision Sourcing have several initiatives that we will be running over the next few weeks and months to support the greater Project Services community. If you have any questions or ideas that could bring some much-needed positivity to the Project Services world, please reach out.